France Disrupts the System
With turnout of around 80%, Emmanuel Macron, the center-left leader of the movement En Marche!, won the largest portion of the vote with close to 24%. Macron finished ahead of the far-right Front National candidate, Marine Le Pen, with around 21.5% of the vote, confirming what polls had predicted for the past few months. Read more results and get 10 international perspectives from our team here.
A Look at Upcoming High-Skilled Immigration Reform
Last week, President Trump signed an executive order as a part of his “America First” campaign, in which he kick-started an internal process to reform visa programs that allow high-skilled foreign workers to temporarily live and work in the United States. Gadi Dechter, the head of APCO’s Public Affairs Practice in Washington, shared three things to know about the executive order and its impact.
Turkey Makes a Historic Choice
In the wake of the Turkish referendum, our Istanbul team detailed the results, next steps and how the vote indicated a closely divided electorate.
Additionally, in this video, Joshua Walker, director of global programs at APCO, shared three things to know about the referendum. Dr. Walker also explained why Sunday’s referendum was the most consequential election in Turkish history in an op-ed for The National Interest.
Election Called in the United Kingdom
On Tuesday, British Prime Minister Theresa May called for a general election on June 8, 2017. Zoe Thorogood, a director from APCO’s London office, shares three things you need to know about the announcement.
- Katie Sprehe, a senior director for APCO Insight, commented on crisis communications and reputation management for the New York Times.
- Dan Scandling, a senior director in our public affairs practice, commented on Tax Reform and the latest from Congress for Talking Points Memo.
- APCO Founder and Executive Chairman Margery Kraus joined Rick Gould, managing partner of Gould+Partners, to discuss the future of women and leadership in the public relations industry.
- In addition to his op-ed and video, Joshua Walker joined BBC World News to discuss the results of the Turkish Referendum.
- After last week’s special election in Georgia, Dan Scandling joined APCO media relations manager Anthony DeAngelo, to discuss and analyze its impact.
- New IAC member Patrick Jephson, the former private secretary for Princess Diana, explained that the princess’ legacy lives on in an article for Time.